Kevin Kwasny update

Gaiters football defensive end Kevin Kwasny, who was severely injured in a game against the Concordia Stingers earlier this season, September 10, has finally been released from the CHUS after being in an induced coma due to cerebral haemorrhage.The 21 year old student was transported back home to Winnipeg by air ambulance on Friday September 30, where he will be met by a new medical team upon arrival. The Kwasny family continues to handle the difficult situation as best they can and still do not wish to speak to journalists.They released the following letter to media outlets concerning their son.From the Kwasny family, September 30, 2011It has been determined that Kevin’s medical condition is stable enough to have him taken by air ambulance to his hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba. As we prepared to return home with our son, the Kwasny family (Gregg, Geraldine, and Melissa) wish to thank all of those who provided a variety of support at this very trying time.Beginning with the agents and flight crews at WestJet Airlines who went to extraordinary efforts to ensure our arrival here as soon as humanly possible. The ICU staff at the Sherbrooke CHUS who have provided the utmost in medical care. The staff, coaches, players, graduates, students and associated members of Bishop’s University who have been so supportive and helpful with more than one can imagine. As well, the many churches and religious organizations in the Lennoxville area that have been conducting the many prayer services and providing financial support.We would also like to thank the following individuals that provided spiritual, emotional, and material support that carried us through this tragedy. Chris Forsythe and family, Victoria Suitor and family, David McBride, Dr. Jackie Bailey, The Ven. Dean E. Ross and his wife Jean, Chris Hornibrook, and Global Excel Management. Kevin truly enjoyed his three years at Bishop’s University and developed many friendships that will be cherished forever.Gregg and Geraldine Kwasny