Despite the thaw on the weekend, Biathlon Estrie President Linda Arès said that, for now, the second weekend of the Coupe-Québec biathlon is still on. Originally meant to take place on January 4 and 5 and the 18 and 19 in La Patrie, the competition was cut short in its first weekend due to a lack of snow. “We will have to make some adjustments to trails, but for now it is a go.” Arès said, joking that she might have to have volunteers come with shovels on the day-of and move the snow manually to make the event work. The club president was extremely tentative in confirming the event a week in advance, pointing out that although the long-term forecast at this point sees the region getting more snow over the days leading up to the race, the state of the weather so far this winter has made it difficult to accurately judge conditions more than one day before an event. That in mind, she said that those interested in coming to see the event or help out should remain attentive as the event is not yet a sure thing. See full story in the Tuesday, Jan. 14 edition of The Record.