Minor fire at Champlain residence

Minor fire at Champlain residence
(Photo : Matthew McCully)

By Matthew McCully

The Sherbrooke fire department responded to a call on Sunday at 11:44 a.m. regarding the presence of smoke in the MacDonald building at Champlain residence.
The situation was dealt with quickly, and with the exception of the apartment affected, the students were able to return to their rooms later that day.
According to Sherbrooke’s Fire Prevention Services Chief of Operations Stéphane Brochu,
Upon arrival, the firefighters determined the origin of the smoke was the third floor.
The building was evacuated as roughly 20 firefighters intervened, dealing with the fire in under an hour.
For full story and others, subscribe now.

Share this article
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments