It’s time to test the knowledge of young people in the Townships and see who’s keeping up with the news.
The Record publishes a quiz each week with five questions related to news that appeared the week before in the paper.
Students at the elementary and high school level are invited to read through the paper to find the answers and then send them by email to our editorial team.
At the end of the month, any students who participate and answer the quiz questions will be entered into a draw to win a 16-GB Fire tablet.
Each time a student answers a different quiz, their name will be re-entered, increasing their chances of winning a tablet.
Don’t have access to The Record?
All schools in the Eastern Townships School Board have access to the e-edition of the paper, so ask a teacher or principal for help to get connected.
Last week’s questions
1) What hobby have Townshippers taken up to help spread happiness all over the province?
Answer: Painting rocks with pictures and positive messages and leaving them for other people to find.
2) Can you name the expansion project in the area that is the subject of a BAPE hearing?
Answer: the Bury Landfill Expansion Project
3) New rules have been put in place by the Canadian Border Services Agency. What are the rules related to and what are the applicable fines?
Answer: The rules relate to crossing the border in possession of cannabis. Travelers are subject to fines between $200 and $2,000.
4) What type of farm in Sherbrooke causing a lot of noise and commotion for local residents?
Answer: A bitfarm, which generates cryptocurrency.
5) Which groups of public sector employees held demonstrations last week and why are they upset?
Answer: Teachers and professionals and technicians from the health sector held demonstrations to draw attention to stalled collective agreement negotiations and demand better working conditions.
This week’s questions
1) What does the b.a.F want the government to understand?
2) What announcement did Transport Minister Francois Bonnardel make last week?
3) What is the main concern for the upcoming teachers’ strike, according to ETSB Chairman Michael Murray?
4) Why does Tracy Wing, mother of Riley Fairholm, who died during a police intervention, feel vindicated?
5) Why is Coaticook having trouble protecting its hiking trails?
Send your answers to email@example.com.
For more information about the quiz and how to participate, call the newsroom at 819-569-6345.