It’s time to test the knowledge of young people in the Townships and see who’s keeping up with the news.
The Record publishes a quiz each week with five questions related to news that appeared the week before in the paper.
Students at the elementary and high school level are invited to read through the paper to find the answers and then send them by email to our editorial team.
At the end of the month, any students who participate and answer the quiz questions will be entered into a draw to win a 16-GB Fire tablet.
Each time a student answers a different quiz, their name will be re-entered, increasing their chances of winning a tablet. Four will be given away over the next four months.
Don’t have access to The Record?
All schools in the Eastern Townships School Board have access to the e-edition of the paper, so ask a teacher or principal for help to get connected.
Last week’s questions and answers:
1) How old was Dawson Mercer when he moved to the Eastern Townships?
Answer: 14 years old.
2) How many years has Jean Guy Lachance been driving school buses?
Answer: 37 years.
3) Sonia Cormier is the owner of which barbershop in Lennoxville?
Answer: Salon Len’s Barbershop.
4) What year did Aislinn Fisher begin her education degree at Bishop’s University?
5) What non-profit organization is opening a new thrift store in Sherbrooke?
This week’s quiz questions:
1) Why did former National Hockey League player Stephane Quintal visit the Missisquoi North Volunteer Youth Centre?
2) The Sherbrooke Record celebrated its birthday last week. How old is the newspaper?
3) What Covid-related issue was Monika Nelis-Dupont affected by?
4) How do Rene Bessette and Jean-Samuel St-Gelais feel about non-essential businesses reopening?
5) Why did nearly 50 Ayer’s Cliff residents attend a virtual meeting last week with town council and a local land developer?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the quiz and how to participate, call the newsroom at 819-569-6345.