It’s time to test the knowledge of young people in the Townships and see who’s keeping up with the news.
The Record publishes a quiz each week with five questions related to news that appeared the week before in the paper.
Students at the elementary and high school level are invited to read through the paper to find the answers and then send them by email to our editorial team.
At the end of this week, any students who participated and answered the quiz questions throughout the month will be entered into a draw to win a 16-GB Fire tablet.
The winner will be announced next Tuesday.
Each time a student answers a different quiz, their name will be re-entered, increasing their chances of winning a tablet.
Don’t have access to The Record?
All schools in the Eastern Townships School Board have access to the e-edition of the paper, so ask a teacher or principal for help to get connected.
Send your answers to email@example.com.
For more information about the quiz and how to participate, call the newsroom at 819-569-6345.
Last week’s questions and answers:
1) Why did former National Hockey League player Stephane Quintal visit the Missisquoi North Volunteer Youth Centre?
Answer: To learn about the youth centre’s programs and activities and help with fundraising to purchase skating equipment for local kids.
2) The Sherbrooke Record celebrated its birthday last week. How old is the newspaper?
Answer: 124 years old.
3) What Covid-related issue was Monika Nelis-Dupont affected by?
Answer: Nelis-Dupont, Diagnosed with Mucopolysaccharidosis type I at four years old, was scheduled for surgery to improve her quality of life. Because of COVID-19, her surgery was delayed.
4) How do Rene Bessette and Jean-Samuel St-Gelais feel about non-essential businesses reopening?
Answer: As co-owners of Gym Profil Club, they are upset that gyms can’t open while other stores and businesses can.
5) Why did nearly 50 Ayer’s Cliff residents attend a virtual meeting last week with town council and a local land developer?
Answer: To learn more about a major construction project at the Ripplecove Inn.
This week’s quiz questions
1) What is the purpose of Bill 85, which was presented in the National Assembly last week?
2) Physicians at the The Massawippi Valley Health Centre have the flexibility to do what?
3) What is the reason Nick Fonda believes he was able to work out his new book, Murder on the Orford Mountain Railway?
4) What does SPA Estrie recommend for pets during a cold snap?
5) What did the Cegep de Sherbrooke do for Valentine’s Day?