It’s time to test the knowledge of young people in the Townships and see who’s keeping up with the news.
The Record publishes a quiz each week with five questions related to news that appeared the week before in the paper.
Students at the elementary and high school level are invited to read through the paper to find the answers and then send them by email to our editorial team.
At the end of the month, any students who participate and answer the quiz questions will be entered into a draw to win a 16-GB Fire tablet.
Each time a student answers a different quiz, their name will be re-entered, increasing their chances of winning a tablet. A winner will be chosen at the end of March.
Don’t have access to The Record?
All schools in the Eastern Townships School Board have access to the e-edition of the paper, so ask a teacher or principal for help to get connected.
Last week’s questions and answers
1) How can the Quebec government encourage more CPE projects?
Answer: By providing assistance to fill out all of the forms.
2) Cassidy Petiquen, a 13-year-old Sherbrooke resident, wrote her song “Out There” specifically for what audience?
Answer: Young people having a hard time with the Covid reality.
3) What advice did Serena Couturier receive to deal with her anxiety?
Answer: She was told to go on walks or do at-home yoga.
4) What does Tennis Quebec want the government to do with its new directives?
Answer: Grant all indoor sports and leisure activities the same luxury as swimming pools.
5) The new Drummondville elementary school project will add how many students?
Answer: It will be able to accommodate 33 per cent more students than the current building.
This week’s questions
1) What is Global School Play Day?
2) What is one of the problems regarding domestic violence cases in Quebec?
3) What is Vieux Clocher owner Bernard Caza’s opinion about theatres remaining closed?
4) What did some scammers do during their off-period?
5) What do landlords need to do before evicting someone from their home?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the quiz and how to participate, call the newsroom at 819-569-6345.