The Record would like to test the knowledge of young people in the Townships and see who’s keeping up with the news.
Over the next four months, The Record will publish a quiz each week with five questions related to news that appeared the week before in the paper.
Students at the elementary and high school level are invited to read through the paper to find the answers and then send them by email to our editorial team.
At the end of the month, any students who participate and answer the quiz questions will be entered into a draw to win a 16-GB Fire tablet.
Each time a student answers a different quiz, their name will be re-entered, increasing their chances of winning a tablet. Four will be given away over the next four months.
Don’t have access to The Record?
All schools in the Eastern Townships School Board have access to the e-edition of the paper, so ask a teacher or principal for help to get connected.
Week 1 quiz answers:
1) What historic event, incited by pro-Trump supporters, took place last week in the United States of America?
Answer: The Capitol Hill riots
2) What non-profit organization located in Sherbrooke collects bottles and cans to tackle food insecurity in the Eastern Townships?
Answer: Fondation Rock-Guertin
3) What career did Rose Marie Gaulin have the last 52 years before announcing her retirement last week?
4) How many residences in the Eastern Townships were fined for having illegal gatherings during the holidays?
5) Sherbrooke-based painter Veronique Hamel signed a poster at a demonstration on Jan. 5, what was written on the poster?
Answer: Etre Artiste, tout un contrat or Being an artist, quite the contract
Week 2 quiz questions:
1) Education Minister Jean-François Roberge recently announced these grades will also need to wear masks in class, what grades are they?
2) A day centre for homeless and vulnerable people opened in Sherbrooke last week, what is it called?
3) What milestone did Bishop’s University drama department celebrate last week?
4) Pascale Desmarais, a Bishop’s student, delivers packages for which company?
5) What is the name of the founding director of Maison Aube-Lumière who recently passed away?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look for the answers to this week’s quiz and next week’s questions in Monday’s Record.
For more information about the quiz and how to participate, call the newsroom at 819-569-6345.