For weeks now The Record has been testing the knowledge of young people in the Townships to see who’s keeping up with the news. Over the next three months, The Record will publish a quiz each week with five questions related to news that appeared the week before in the paper. Students at the elementary and high school level are invited to read through the paper to find the answers and then send them by email to our editorial team. At the end of the month, any students who participate and answer the quiz questions will be entered into a draw to win a 16-GB Fire tablet.
Each time a student answers a different quiz, their name will be re-entered, increasing their chances of winning a tablet. Four will be given away over the next four months.
Don’t have access to The Record?
All schools in the Eastern Townships School Board have access to the e-edition of the paper, so ask a teacher or principal for help to get connected.
Week 3 quiz questions and answers:
1) Where did CSQ members protest in Sherbrooke last week?
Answer: Outside CAQ MNA Genevieve Hebert’s office.
2) What is The Epoch Times?
Answer: A U.S.-based far right publication.
3) Bishop’s University collected what kind of samples from students living in residence?
Answer: Saliva samples.
4) A homeless man died tragically last week due to Quebec’s curfew. What is his name?
Answer: Raphael Andre.
5) Restaurant A Pizza runs a pay-it-forward program. Who owns the restaurant?
Answer: Micheal Thifault and Ziv Przytyk.
Week 4 quiz questions
1) The owner of Serres St-Élie, a garden centre in Sherbrooke, said the horticulture industry is booming right now. What is the owner’s name?
2) Amandine Vial is the director of which troubled and homeless youth shelter in Sherbrooke?
3) What was the result of the Bishop’s University referendum regarding a fall reading week?
4) What Facebook group has Caroline Holmes, a young mother, used to search for daycares?
5) Annie Dubreil works in customer service for which ski hill?
Send your answers to
For more information about the quiz and how to participate, call the newsroom at 819-569-6345.