Appointments for the annual flu vaccine from the CIUSSS de l’Estrie-CHUS can now be made online at ClicSanté.ca. For those without access to the Internet or who need assistance, telephone lines will open on Oct. 15. The vaccination clinics schedules in each municipality can also be found on the same website.
This year, the vaccination campaign has modified its target-group list, which now includes:
• People 75 years or older;
• those with certain conditions or chronic diseases, over the age of 6 months;
• pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester or with a chronic illness;
• caregivers and persons living under the same roof as individuals described above;
• people residing with a baby under 6 months;
• health workers.
The flu vaccine significantly reduces the risk of complications, hospitalization and death for people with a chronic disease such as diabetes, immune system disorders, cardiovascular, respiratory, or kidney disease.