Hospital numbers continue to decline

Record Staff
Hospital numbers continue to decline

The Province of Quebec reported 1,077 people in hospital with COVID-19 on Monday. Although this marked an increase of three compared to numbers recorded but not reported by public health on Sunday, it is down 49 from where hospitalization numbers sat last Friday. Of that total 453 people, or about 45 per cent, were admitted to hospital because of the virus while the remaining 55 per cent were admitted for other conditions. Intensive care numbers sat at 61 for the province as a whole, a decrease of four compared to the end of last week.

Monday’s update included news of nine new deaths recorded since Sunday, but the total increase over the weekend was 28. The total number of people now considered to have died as a result of COVID-19 in the province since the start of the pandemic two years ago is 14,182.

In the Eastern Townships, numbers continued a slow decline, reaching 64 with three in intensive care. There were no new deaths reported in the region, keeping the local total at 542.

The CIUSSS de l’Estrie – CHUS is expected to hold an update on Tuesday morning regarding the return of certain services put on hold by the pandemic.

Share this article